My family loves a great meal and every great meal includes tasty side dishes. I am always trying to find new and interesting side dishes to serve my family. Unfortunately, there are only so many ways to serve broccoli before the family catches on that it is still…. broccoli.
A family favorite in my home is homemade pizza. Honestly, it is one my favorites too. I really like the versatility of the pizza which allows me the opportunity to experiment with different toppings. Of course, we always have the cheese-only, meat-lovers, and lately my version of a Marguerita (tomatoes, basil, and fresh mozzarella).
Out of the family pizza night came the bread sticks. If the pizza place can make them why not me or you?
These bread sticks are delicious! I make them for soup night, bar-be-que, roasted chicken, or whatever the meal is for the night.
They are always great to change. Add herbs, different cheeses, peppers, or make a dessert with them (think churro). Mouth watering? Mine is!
Cheese Garlic Bread Sticks
- 1 Pre-made pizza dough (look in the bakery or deli section of your local grocery store)
- 1/2 Cup grated cheese (parmesan, mozzarella, or whatever is to your liking)
- 1 Tbsp. garlic
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425′
- Roll dough to a thickness to your liking.
- Brush olive oil over the top of dough.
- Spread garlic.
- Sprinkle cheese over dough
- Cut dough into strips
- Carefully twist dough strips to make bread sticks. (some cheese will fall out while rolling — this is fine).
- Carefully place bread sticks on baking sheet.
- Bake 12 minutes.
These are so delicious and a huge hit with the family. I especially like them on a cold night with a bowl of soup or stew.