My husband hates candles. He hates the scents, look, and flickering flame. He is always blowing out my candles to prevent a fire. Seriously.
My husband is convinced my candles will burn down the house eventually.
I love candles. Candles change the mood of a room. They add a little flickering light, lovely scent, and color.
Decorating Ideas with Candles
Candles are in my home for one primary reason… my house stinks. Yes, with 5 people (3 those teens) and a dog my house is smelly. At least, I think it smells bad.
Here are some ideas to include candles in your home:
- Kitchen — burn fall-related candles to fill the house with the smells of baking; pumpkin spice, apple cinnamon, vanilla
- Living room— place in higher places (so little ones cannot reach) in lovely glass candle holders.
- Office — make your work day go by faster, even more relaxed, burning lavender, ginger, and citrus. Just keep the candle well-ventilated and away from paper
Dining table — create a lovely centerpiece with candles, seasonal accessories (pine cones, mini pumpkins, succulents)
Fireplace mantle — a great place to highlight an arrangement of candles, candle holders, accessories
How To – Candle Containers
- Start with a candle or candles for your display.
Use a large, clear glass vase, jar, or apothecary jar (no lid if you plan to light the candles)
Place a base in the glass container. Use coffee beans, sand, rocks for aquariums, small polished stones, etc. Make sure it is not flammable
Place your candle in the jar. Press and twist slightly to seat into the base.
Decorate around the candle (non-flammable) depending upon your theme. Perhaps seashells or glass tiles
Alternative: decorate the outside of the glass container with burlap, twine, evergreens, pinecones, seasonal items
Candle Displays – Tables, Counters, and Mantles
I love a candle display. They are intimate and romantic. Something about a flickering candle is enchanting.
- Use a set of glass containers of varying heights. NOTE: make sure the treatment (i.e. mirror, paint) is safe for candles. Some finishes are not safe near heat or flame.
Set smaller votive candles around the taller candle holders
Add accessories to suit the theme. For example, shells and starfish for a seaside theme; evergreen for a woodsy decor; acorns and mini pumpkins (try persimmons too) for a fall theme.
p style=”text-align: center;”>Cheers!
++ Note: This is not a sponsored or affiliate post. I did not receive any compensation for the post or items described.